Intro to Jenn & GP: Part I
I've Moved!
I've transported every little bit of this blog into a user-friendly, highly informational Wordpress blog! All the information, posts, discussions--literally EVERYTHING--have made it safely into a newer, more easily navigable site, with more information and frequent updates. PLEASE check it out!
Click here to go to this post on the brand new site!
Labels: Blogger cache


3 Comments:
Thanks, Katie!
I am doing very well with my j-tube... Actually, after ll months of TPN and 2 1/2 years of throwing up, I actually LIKE the tube-feeding. (Most people don't understand that, and I don't expect them to, but I'm sure other GPers understand!)
Right now I'm struggling with a possible partial small bowel obstruction from the j-tube (which the surgeon denies is even a possibility), so every time I eat anything thicker than chicken broth, I get "blocked," the pressure builds, and I vomit up to 3 liters in a single episode. (Go ahead, TRY to tell me there's not a problem!) This is very different from my GP symptoms, so I'm badgering the docs, trying to get them to understand that it's NOT an eating disorder (Heck, I've been "clean" for a decade!!!), nor is it my "typical" GP. Anyway, it seems like it's been a wrestling match with the docs since the very beginning.
Well, now I'm rambling. Thanks again, Katie, for your post, and let me know how you're doing!
Hi Jenn--
Thank you so much for putting my feelings in to words. Although I have never been anorexic or bulimic, I have had GP for nearly one year. I just switched to a liquid diet because I'm unable to keep solid or even soft foods down. I sent a link to your blog to several of my friends and family so they can get a better understanding of this insidious disease.
Lana
Wow--I'm always humbled by the thought that my words might be helping to express others' feelings. I hope that your friends and family find some understanding here, just as I hope you found an empathetic (if somewhat morbid) laugh. Thank you for your comment!
j
Post a Comment
<< Home